Monthly Archives: November 2011
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
What is System File Checker (SFC)?
System File Checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files like DLL files. This utility is available in all Windows family of operating systems.
In Windows 7, System File Checker is integrated with Windows Resource Protection, which protects registry keys and folders as well as critical system files.
How to use SFC
1- Start – Search – type Cmd – right click Cmd icon and run as administrator
2- Type SFC /Scannow then Enter
- You must run Command Prompt as an administrator in Windows 7.
- If it finds a problem, it will attempt to replace the problematic files from the DLL Cache
- If the file is not in the DLL Cache or the DLL Cache is corrupted you may need access to your original Windows DVD to allow file repairs.
- To repair important Windows files usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.
- May be prompt you to restart.
3- When the scan is complete. The log file was generated in the path
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم– What is Windows 8 Developer Preview?
The Windows 8 Developer Preview is a pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers and testers.System Requirements
The Windows 8 Developer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch
- To run Metro style Apps, you need a screen resolution of 1024 X 768 or greater
1- Download Windows 8 Developer Preview from here
2- Burn iso file to DVD or we can install it in VMware Workstation 8 but when select system you will choose windows 7 because VMware
Workstation 8 not support Windows 8 Developer Preview directly )
3- boot from DVD.
4- After booting.
5- Select your Language, Time and Currency Format and Keyboard or input method.
8- Just wait untill installing finshed and system restarting
9- Type computer name and click Next.
10- Click Express Settings or Customize.
11- There are two ways to use an account in Windows 8 Windows Live Account or Local account we will select local account
13- This Metro UI Appearance click Desktop Icon to go your Desktop
Metro UI fantastic with touch screen
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
I asked myself what is benefit from this option “by default, Windows Server allows authenticated users to join 10 machine accounts to the domain”. But I didn’t get an answer
Administrator can control it with two ways:
- Start – Administrative Tools – ADSI Edit
- Right click Domain Name – Properties
- Attribute Editor Tab – ms-DS-MachineAccountQuota – Click Edit – set to 0 –press ok
That users in the Administrators or Domain Administrators groups, and those users who have delegated permissions on containers in Active Directory to create and delete computer accounts, are not restricted by this limitation.
2-By Group Policy:
- Click Start – All programs – Administrative Tools – Group Policy Management.
- Create or Edit Group Policy Objects.
- Expand Computer Configuration – Policies – Windows Settings – Security Settings – User Rights Assignment
- From right pane right click on Add workgroup to domain – Properties – Add User or Group or remove unwanted user or group