Category Archives: SCCM 2012
You can accomplish this installation manually. Configuration Manager does not support the use of client push installation for Linux servers.
The following scenarios are supported by the Linux clients:
- Hardware Inventory – Hardware inventory can be viewed through Resource Explorer and can be used to create collections of Linux computers.
- Software Inventory – Through hardware inventory the list of natively installed software can be gathered from Linux computers – similar to add/remove programs for Windows systems.
- Software Distribution – Deploy new software, update existing software and apply OS patches to collections of Linux computers (using a package and program). Run arbitrary maintenance scripts on a collection of Linux servers.
- Secure and Authenticated Communications.
- Consolidated Reports.
The Microsoft System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 Configuration Manager – Clients for Linux
- Download the appropriate file for the operating system you wish to manage to a Windows computer.
- The downloaded file is a self-extracting exe and will extract tar files for the different versions of your operating system.
- Copy the install script and the .tar file for your computer’s operating system version to a folder on your Linux computer.
- Install the client using these steps:
- use root credentials to run the following command to enable the script to run as a program: chmod +x insta
- run the following command to install the Configuration Manager client: ./install –mp <hostname FQDN> -sitecode <code> ccmRHEL5x86.tar